[mythtv-users] Queue Job from Python to Rebuild Seektable

Harald Nehring harald.nehring at arcor.de
Thu Mar 8 12:45:44 UTC 2012

As part of my Python transcode user job I'd like to queue a
"mythtranscode --buildindex" job, but I'm having trouble passing
the argument:

from MythTV import Job
rebuild =
Job(db=db)
rebuild.chanid = <chanid>
rebuild.starttime =
<starttime>
rebuild.type = rebuild.TRANSCODE
rebuild.flags
= rebuild.NO_FLAGS
rebuild.hostname = db.gethostname()
rebuild.args = '--buildindex'
rebuild.create()

The job
runs but executes a full default transcode as defined in the profiles. Is
there a way to programmatically tell the transcode job to just rebuild the
seektable instead of running a full transcode?

PS: I also tried
"mythcommflag --rebuild" in a similar way - with the same
result, system runs default commflag but doesn't care about the
"rebuild" argument.