[mythtv-users] Help running mythtv-setup

James Klaas jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org
Thu Mar 8 21:25:10 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM, James Klaas
<jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>> On 03/08/2012 11:13 AM, James Klaas wrote:
>>> Hi.  My upgrade/reinstallation of MythTV seems to be going backwards.
>>> I'm a little frustrated at this point.
>>> I keep getting sidetracked by apparently irrelevant errors.
>>>
>>> I removed all the database files, I removed all the packages and tried
>>> starting over from scratch.  I reinstalled the Ubuntu packages from
>>> the mythbuntu packages using 0.25 since I've got a Ceton.
>>>
>>> When I run mythtv-setup, I get the Country/Language dialog, but
>>> there's no Language list.  Looking in the kern.log I see lots of
>>> errors about libQtCore.so.4.6.2 segfaulting.
>>> Can anyone help.  This should be as clean an install as installing from scratch.
>>

>> This sounds more like a distro problem. You either have a bad package or
>> there is a missing dependency, as libQtcore is not a myth library.
>>
>> Maybe back up a step: save everything, nuke the disk and start again, so
>> you can *really* be sure it is 'as clean an install as installing from
>> scratch'.
>>
>> Geoff
>
> I may be doing the next best thing soon and doing a dist upgrade (I'm
> currently running 10.04 LTS), but since this is my main home server as
> well wiping the disk and starting over isn't really an option.  I may
> take a step back and just create a dedicated mythtv server.  I had
> hoped to avoid that though.
>
> Since mythtv relies on the QT libraries, it seems at least
> peripherally related.  I've seen a few other posts regarding this
> error, but there was no resolution there either.
>
> James

OK, I decided to try restoring the database and going from there to
bypass the problems with the QT libraries and ended up stuck on
another issue that I ran into before.

mythtv-setup complains about needing to update the MythTV schema.  It
goes through, backs up the database, then it fails:

Newest MythTV Schema Version : 1299
Upgrading to MythTV schema version 1277
DB Error (Performing database upgrade):  Query was: ALTER TABLE record
ADD COLUMN filter INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;  Error was: Driver
error was [2/1060]: QMYSQL: Unable to execute query Database error
was: Duplicate column name 'filter'   new version: 1277
Database Schema upgrade FAILED, unlocking.
Couldn't upgrade database to new schema.

Sigh.  I was hoping to troubleshoot getting my Ceton running on
MythTV, not getting MythTV to run.

James