[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome doesnt trigger setwakeup

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 22:01:29 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have a common BE/FE which I have configured to shutdown/bootup using
ACPI alarm. I have followed the ACPI_Wakeup article on the wiki and am
using the same settings as specified under mythwelcome (reproduced
below).

Mythwelcome correctly shuts down the system on idle, however it does
not trigger the  "sudo /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh $time" command. Thus my
system never wakes up. Somebody else has also reported a bug about
this ( http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10197). The only way i can
register the alarm is if i manually issue 'mythshutdown -x'  command
via cli.

 Is there any work around for this?

#Myth-Setup settings

Block shutdown before client connected : unchecked
Idle shutdown timeout (secs)           : 120 (if using active EIT this
may need to be set to a lower value)
Max. wait for recording (min)          : 15
Startup before rec. (secs)             : 600
Wakeup time format                     : yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss
Command to set Wakeup Time        : mythshutdown --setwakeup $time
Server halt command                    : mythshutdown --shutdown
Pre Shutdown check-command      : mythshutdown --check

#Mythwelcome settings
Command to set wakeup time             : sudo /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh $time
Wakeup time format                     : time_t
nvram-wakeup Restart command         : blank
Command to shutdown                    : sudo shutdown -h now
Command to start the frontend          : /usr/bin/mythfrontend

Thanks
Rajil