[mythtv-users] Does this git command get me master ( latest commits ) ?

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Fri Mar 9 02:36:10 UTC 2012

On 3/8/2012 9:01 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

>> >  I'm pretty sure you made a mistake there... And that last command line
>> >  isn't good
>> >
> Sorry, but 'works for me'. Seriously, both work. Took just a couple of
> seconds to pull down mythweb. Of course, as noted, you get the whole
> tree, and not just one branch.
>
> Geoff

Jean-Yves is correct, that line retrieves the main MythTV repo and put
it in a directory named mythweb...

The correct command line would be

git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythweb.git

(which I posted a week ago)

I am not an expert on Git terminology but AFAIK MythTV and MythWeb are
in two separate Git repositories... You can't retrieve from one and
expect to get the other (like the command line you posted above
suggested). My guess is there was a problem when you cut & pasted that
command in your email and this is *not* the command line you use...

Have a nice day,

Nicolas