[mythtv-users] support for satscan rotor?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Fri Mar 9 20:38:03 UTC 2012

Gavin Hurlbut wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Tom Hayward <esarfl at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, unfortunately:
>>>
>>> http://www.sbprojects.com/knowledge/satellite/satscan.php
>>
>> I was envisioning something serial controlled. This is much more
>> complicated! If you're a hardware guy, you could try building the
>> electronics to inject this signal into the coax, then control your
>> injector with a channel change script. Replacing the rotor sounds
>> like the simpler option.
>
> Shouldn't be too hard to program this in a PIC or AVR.  If there's
> enough demand for it, I could possibly spend a wee bit of time
> designing some circuitry to do this.  Let me know :)

Thanks for the offer - I doubt if there is any demand. It looks like
Nokia went DiSeqC pretty quickly and abandoned Satscan altogether.
Like Tom says, replacing the rotor is by far the simpler choice.
Anyway, it's 10+ years, so although working just fine it's probably due
to be replaced.  Thanks everyone.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.1°C)