[mythtv-users] google play plugin? (because of non-square pixels)

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Fri Mar 9 23:28:11 UTC 2012

Is there a mythtv plug-in for playing content purchased through the
"google play" (aka android market) store?

I can of course play back such content by opening a browser and using
the flash player, but my HDTV has non-square pixels, and as a result
most desktop applications appear stretched by 33%.  Mythtv is smart
enough to get this right, but my browser/flash plugin are not.  I
would also be happy to hear about any workarounds.

(Similarly, I haven't found a way to display a slideshow of still images
without having them stretched horizontally.  The next TV I but will
definitely have square pixels!)

Thanks for any suggestions,

Dan