[mythtv-users] [svlug] xbmc vs mythtv-frontend

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Mar 11 16:04:23 UTC 2012

On 12-03-10 01:30 PM, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:

> Please take this discussion to an XBMC-related mailing list or forum.

So why isn't any of the other gazillion "off-topic" postings to this
list met with the same disdain and told to "go away"?

> We specifically do not support XBMC here in any way.

You also don't support any of the other OT subjects discussed here yet
it is tolerated.  Yet all of a sudden discussion of XBMC's Mythtv
support is forbidden?

> This mailing
> list is for MythTV, not XBMC, nor Windows Media Center, nor any other
> "related" competitor.

Oh wow.  So you seriously are forbidding the discussion for exactly the
reason that the skeptic in me suspected but the optimist in me wanted to
disbelieve.

If you want to police OT postings, I am alllllllll for it.  But if you
are going to do it, at least be consistent and police them all.

b.