[mythtv-users] 0.25 lookup metadata as part of jobqueue?

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Sun Mar 11 19:45:01 UTC 2012

>> what I should really do is have a slave backend running on my
>> fileserver that is connected to the backend via a gigabit switch to
>> also process commercial flagging. I think I'm going to do that now
>> actually...

>You shouldn't run a slave backend unless you want to record using it.
>If you just want to run jobqueue tasks, use mythjobqueue instead.

Would you mind explaining that a bit further?  I currently have a slave
backend that I set up entirely for the purpose of processing jobs.  It has
no defined tuners and very little storage.  I have NFS mounts to match the
defined storage groups on my master backend (i.e. there's a /mythv_storage1,
/mythtv_storage2, etc on both).  It works fine, but if there's a better way,
I'm all for it.