[mythtv-users] 0.25 mpeg2 lossless transcoding works again! hallelujah! except...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 20:32:43 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 3/11/2012 16:20, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> On 3/11/2012 15:02, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>> I'm not quite sure why it's failing as a job queue though, as I'm not
>>> sure what log level I need to set to get the proper debug info for it.
>> If you're still using the old --logfile command line option (which has
>> actually been removed in recent versions), any child processes will log
>> to the terminal, which will be immediately discarded to /dev/null.  Make
>> sure you're running mythbackend/mythjobqueue with --logpath or --syslog
>> to get the child mythtranscode to log as well.  Alternatively, you
>> should be able to read any of those missed logs through the database.
>
> As for how to actually do that, there is a static page available through
> mythweb that just displays the previous 100 entries, and a sortable and
> searchable page available from the backend's web server.

I am using the syslog, this is what I found in the log:
Mar 10 17:56:00 mythbackend mythbackend[5960]: JobQueue: Transcode
Starting for "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations":China: Autodetect
(5.9 GB)
Mar 10 17:56:03 mythbackend mythbackend[5960]: JobQueue: Transcode
Errored: "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations":China: Autodetect (exit
status 255, job status was "Errored")

is that of any help?

--
Steve