[mythtv-users] [svlug] xbmc vs mythtv-frontend

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 21:46:25 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing you will note, mythtv's developers will only incorporate
> code that doesn't break website Terms & Conditions. Therefore if a
> plugin would break Amazon's T&C it will never be part of mythtv
> proper. (Someone else may write a plugin, but it won't be officially
> part of mythtv).

Agreed.  We don't want to have to deal with "cease and desist" letters
amongst other things.

> I believe XBMC to be less fussy.

That's their risk to take.

Anyways, my point was: please do not ask for XMBC support here.  That
is what the OP was doing.  If you want to know how well ${3rdpartyapp}
works with MythTV, the best idea is to ask those who wrote and support
${3rdpartyapp}, rather than us.  We don't support their code, we
support our code.