[mythtv-users] Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:20:57 UTC 2012

> Furthermore, with EIT now enabled, the HDHomeRun seems to be constantly
> active and my switches are constantly flickering away between the HDHR and
> MythBackend. This is actually one of the reasons why I moved to XMLTV, so
> that my HDHomeRun was not constantly scanning EIT data. Is there any way to
> avoid this?

Well you could try disabling active scanning, which is what I've done.
 This means, I think, that EIT data is only populated while you are
recording something.  EIT data for the radio stations is provided a
week in advance so, provided you make a recording every couple of days
you should be OK.  I'm not sure if the recording needs to be on a
particular multiplex but I've not worried about that and never had a
problem with guide data on the (admittedly rare) occasions when I've
scheduled a radio recording.