[mythtv-users] Setting up slave backend

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Mon Mar 12 00:23:50 UTC 2012

On 03/11/2012 04:10 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 3/11/2012 18:03, John Finlay wrote:
>>> Recordings on slave backends will fall through to storage directories
>>> defined on the master backend, if there are none defined locally.  In
>>> 0.25, Video directories duplicate this behavior, however you still need
>>> to perform a scan before any content will show up in MythVideo.  In
>>> 0.22-0.24, the Videos directories must be defined in mythtv-setup on
>>> each slave backend which is to host content.
>> I am running 0.24 and setting up a Videos Local Storage Group on the
>> slave shows the videos on the slave however some of the videos are ISOs
>> and they will not play from the slave but will play from the master. Is
>> this a known problem?
> Maybe you don't have the external dependencies needed for DVD playback
> installed on the remote frontend?

I'm running Mythbuntu 10.10 and have libdvdcss2 enabled. What other
dependencies are required?

The error message in the frontend log is:

2012-03-11 15:00:12.179 TV: Attempting to change from None to WatchingDVD
2012-03-11 15:00:12.179
RingBuf(myth://Videos@172.20.2.5:6543/JANE_EYRE.iso): Op
enFile(myth://Videos@172.20.2.5:6543/JANE_EYRE.iso, 2000 ms)
2012-03-11 15:00:12.184 OpenFile() trying DVD at
myth://Videos@172.20.2.5:6543/J
ANE_EYRE.iso
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version svnR1215
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdread: Could not open input: No such file or directory
libdvdread: Can't open myth://Videos@172.20.2.5:6543/JANE_EYRE.iso for
reading
libdvdnav: vm: failed to open/read the DVD
2012-03-11 15:00:12.194 Failed to open DVD device at
myth://Videos@172.20.2.5:65
43/JANE_EYRE.iso

John