[mythtv-users] Setting up slave backend

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Mon Mar 12 00:53:53 UTC 2012

On 03/11/2012 05:46 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 3/11/2012 20:23, John Finlay wrote:
>> libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
>> libdvdread: Could not open input: No such file or directory
>> libdvdread: Can't openmyth://Videos@172.20.2.5:6543/JANE_EYRE.iso  for
>> reading
> Encrypted ISOs are not supported over the internal streaming protocol at
> this time.

The ISO is not encrypted. The same ISO will play on the same frontend
just fine from the master backend. This reminds me of the problem I had
some time ago where the frontend wouldn't play an ISO from the storage
group because it was named DVD.ISO instead of DVD.iso.

I don't see anything in the slave backend log that indicates that the
frontend is trying to read the ISO. When I try to play an MPG file from
the slave the access is logged.

I guess I'll have to chalk this up to a bug in the 0.24 protocols and
use NFS to provide access to the slave videos.

John