[mythtv-users] Find Hostname?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Mon Mar 12 14:56:04 UTC 2012

My main backend is starting to act flaky - I think the computer is going
to give up soon (random programs will have random errors, sometimes
backend will freeze, etc.).  Either I have bad memory (took a stick out,
down to 1gb now), bad processor, or something.  Gave a good cleaning to
the motherboard and heatsink, so far so good, however...

I am making sure I am prepared in case the computer fails - already have
an eye on what will replace it - and plan on using mytbuntu 10.04 as my
distro on it (backend currently uses Mandriva 2010.2) - I don't believe
I have a hostname set in myth or the computer - but the directions for
copying over the mythdatabase includes that step, and even swapping
computer names...

If there is no name and I move to a system with a name, what do I do?
Usually you see localname.localdomain on any stuff (which should work on
the new machine, right)...

Sorry for a simple question, I just can't figure it out...
--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com