[mythtv-users] Mythvidexport options - Commercial detection and cutlist?

Christian Arnaut n8tgc at msn.com
Wed Mar 14 19:33:33 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Raymond Wagner
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:21 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythvidexport options - Commercial detection and
cutlist?

On 3/14/2012 12:42, Christian Arnaut wrote:

> I am curious, however, in the command line options, specifically
> -cutlist and -skiplist. Can these either, or both of these options
> provide a completed file with the commercial breaks removed from the
> video? They are defined as follows (--skiplist = copy commercial
> detection from recording) (--cutlist = copy manual commercial cutlist
> from recording).

As the help string describes, they copy those lists, not apply them to the
video. They copy the relevant data from recordedseek and recordedmarkup into
filemarkup, so that playback behavior when using the Internal player is
maintained. Cuts are automatically skipped, while skips follow whatever
behavior you selected in your frontend options (auto, warn, or ignore).

> Unless I am missing something what else would these options be used for?

The intent is that you do all your desired transcoding before exporting to
MythVideo, as MythVideo has no ties into the jobqueue to do so afterwards.
These options were added for HDPVR and some DVB-T users, who receive H264,
and thus cannot use the lossless transcoder to remove commercials.