[mythtv-users] 0.25 lookup metadata as part of jobqueue?

Scott and Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Wed Mar 14 20:07:09 UTC 2012

> Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 16:15:25 -0400
> From: raymond at wagnerrp.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] 0.25 lookup metadata as part of jobqueue?

> >> You shouldn't run a slave backend unless you want to record using it.
> >> If you just want to run jobqueue tasks, use mythjobqueue instead.
> > Would you mind explaining that a bit further?  I currently have a slave
> > backend that I set up entirely for the purpose of processing jobs.  It has
> > no defined tuners and very little storage.  I have NFS mounts to match the
> > defined storage groups on my master backend (i.e. there's a /mythv_storage1,
> > /mythtv_storage2, etc on both).  It works fine, but if there's a better way,
> > I'm all for it.
>
> Kill 'mythbackend', and then run 'mythjobqueue'.  Nothing more to it.
> You've already performed all the necessary setup for the slave backend
> you have doing the same task.  It will run indefinitely, processing
> whatever jobs you have it set up to be allowed to, until you manually
> terminate it through the terminal, or your distro's init system.

Since doing this, I had a bunch of transcodes (only, transcodes, commflags are fine) fail.  I tried them all a few times, and they always failed.  I only do transcode jobs on the slave backend, so today on a whim, I shutdown mythjobqueue and fired up mythbackend on the slave and re-tried all those failed jobs....every single one of them succeeded fine.