[mythtv-users] Fedora 16 - ivtv - no signal?!

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Wed Mar 14 20:49:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> you said "Hauppage 350 pci", I assumed an Hauppauge PVR-350, which is
> exaclty as you describe, a "ivtv pci card".
>
> If not, exactly what ARE you referring to?

I cannot imagine any scenario where the PVR-350 would have ever worked
under tvtime.  This is because the only raw capture format available
in the ivtv driver is through /dev/video32 and that interface doesn't
support mmap'd video frames that is required by tvtime [only the
read() mechanism is supported in the driver].  Also, the PVR-350
delivers in the HM12 colorspace format, again which is not supported
by tvtime.

Either the user is mistaken or he has some other card.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com