[mythtv-users] mythweb no longer in 25 build? How to build then?

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 23:30:06 UTC 2012

On 2/29/12 4:32 PM, Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
> The source code for MythWeb is kept separate from the source code of
> MythTV and as been for a while now.
>
> For now, if you are using master, you need to check it out like this:
>
> git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythweb.git
>

> the cd in the mythweb directory and follow the installation procedure...

For those running Gentoo and using the github portage setup, the build
script will NOT update the mythweb ebuild  Here's how to update manually:

WARNING:  *I think I've got this right for Gentoo, forgive me if I
missed something*

Change directory to your mythtv portage folder, and then into the
mythweb ebuild folder:

# cd /usr/local/mythtv_portage/Gentoo/www-apps/mythweb

Next, find the latest commit HASH values by going to
https://github.com/MythTV/mythweb/commits/ .  Note the date of the
latest commit and on the right slide of the commit line click the commit
HAS (it's an 10 hexadecimal hash).  The 10 character value is referred
to as the SREV, while the link URL has the full commit hash referred to
as the REV.    Alternately you can click the main commit text.

For example, the latest commit I see currently is Mar 09, 2012:
https://github.com/MythTV/mythweb/commit/b2d1d24bf9927ddcfbcf8f4c8c335a6efb120805

b2d1d24bf9927ddcfbcf8f4c8c335a6efb120805 is the REV
b2d1d24 is the SREV

Now let's create the new ebuild we'll work with:

# cp mythweb-0.25_pre20111115.ebuild mythweb-0.25_preYYYYMMDD.ebuild
<--- replace YYMMDD with appropriate (such as 20120309)

Now is time to edit the new ebuild file.  Open the file and change the
values of MYTHTV_REV and MYTHTV_SREV

In the example above, the values would be:
    MYTHTV_REV="b2d1d24bf9927ddcfbcf8f4c8c335a6efb120805"
    MYTHTV_SREV="b2d1d24"

# ebuild mythweb-0.25_pre20120309.ebuild digest
# emerge -p mythweb
Confirm the new build is being the target of updating

# emerge mythweb

-JK