[mythtv-users] An SSD for Backend OS / Database Drives?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Mar 15 01:50:36 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 08:16 PM, Andre wrote:

> I don't think you need a large SSD, mine is mostly empty, 80GB or even 40GB at a squeeze would be ok. I keep the fanart etc on SSD too, seems to prevent a lot of seeking on the recordings drives.
>
> Wouldn't have a Laptop, Desktop or Server without an SSD now.

I'm with Andre. I have SSD's now in all the boxen except for one backup
storage box which only takes one drive.

I would love it if the manufacturers built a superfast small SSD. My
mythbox setup could fit in 10G. var and /usr/local are both under 1G,
/home (with the mysql database) is almost 500M, and the rest is only 4.1G.

Geoff