[mythtv-users] 0.25: this is nice

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Thu Mar 15 08:51:22 UTC 2012

On 3/14/12 6:12 PM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 3:35 AM, warpme<warpme at o2.pl>  wrote:
>> Loading 450+ rec list on ION1 FE was little slower - but for person who not knows about BE is so stressed, FE responsiveness was perceived as "normal" (user words).
> I feel your pain, I have over 2000 recordings, and my frontends are
> ION1 machines.  You may be interested in the patch in
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10161 .  That particular approach
> probably won't make it into the code base, but something in that
> direction might.
>
> Jim

Jim,
Thx for this.
I will apply it during my weekly builds (next days).

BTW: speaking about ION1, I must say it running....surprisingly well
with 0.25.
When I moved from 0.24->master (half 9 months) I moved also one frontend
from AMD X2 4400 to ION1. At that time myth FE slowdown was really
noticeable.
Over last 6 months I saw continuous improvement of myth and currently
myth on ION1 is almost comparable with 0.24 on AMD X2 4400.
Sure - some actions are slight faster on X2 4400 that on ION but who
cares is window opening in 100ms or 200ms.
My overall impression is that this tiny ION1 is perfectly suitable as
myth FE - and this shows that current mythv code is pretty good one.

-br