[mythtv-users] 0.25 lookup metadata as part of jobqueue?

Scott and Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Thu Mar 15 16:45:55 UTC 2012

> >> Could you post some logs?  There should be no difference between the two,
> >> as the 'mythjobqueue'
> >> application really doesn't do anything.  It's nothing more than a wrapper
> >> around
> >> an isolated thread in one of the shared libraries.
> > I'd be happy to, but I don't seem to have any.  mythbackend.log only has
> > info in it for the jobs run today via mythbackend; nothing for the jobs run
> > with mythbackend killed and only mythjobqueue running.  However, what's
> > really odd is mythtranscode.log has nothing in it at all post Feb 18.
>
> How is mythbackend started by your distro?
>
> It should use (assuming 0.25beta):
>
> mythbackend --logpath /path/to/dir
>
> and note that it must be a directory.  It can't use --logfile
> /path/to/file or -l /path/to/dir/or/file or --logpath /path/to/file or
> logging won't work (and, with current master, --logfile or -l will give
> you a nice error telling you to fix it).  Or, if you want to use syslog,
> you can, as described at:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Syslog_Configuration_Files
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Rsyslog_Configuration
> (and if your distro uses a different implementation of syslog--not
> rsyslog--please feel free to create and add a configuration file for
> your flavor of syslog).
>
> Mike

Mythbackend logs are fine (I get plenty of data when mythbackend is actually running).  I wouldn't expect to have anything in mythbackend.log for the failed stuff that I tried using just mythjobqueue because the point of the exercise was to try having my jobs done without having mythbackend running.  Now, why mythtranscode.log is blank is a bit perplexing to me.