[mythtv-users] 0.25 lookup metadata as part of jobqueue?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 15 18:19:35 UTC 2012

On 03/15/2012 12:45 PM, Scott and Nicole Harris wrote:
>>> I'd be happy to, but I don't seem to have any.  mythbackend.log only has
>>> info in it for the jobs run today via mythbackend; nothing for the jobs run
>>> with mythbackend killed and only mythjobqueue running.  However, what's
>>> really odd is mythtranscode.log has nothing in it at all post Feb 18.
>> How is mythbackend started by your distro?
>>
>> It should use (assuming 0.25beta):
>>
>> mythbackend --logpath /path/to/dir
>>
>> and note that it must be a directory.  It can't use --logfile
>> /path/to/file or -l /path/to/dir/or/file or --logpath /path/to/file or
>> logging won't work (and, with current master, --logfile or -l will give
>> you a nice error telling you to fix it).  Or, if you want to use syslog,
>> you can, as described at:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Syslog_Configuration_Files
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Rsyslog_Configuration
>> (and if your distro uses a different implementation of syslog--not
>> rsyslog--please feel free to create and add a configuration file for
>> your flavor of syslog).
>>
>> Mike
> Mythbackend logs are fine (I get plenty of data when mythbackend is actually running).  I wouldn't expect to have anything in mythbackend.log for the failed stuff that I tried using just mythjobqueue because the point of the exercise was to try having my jobs done without having mythbackend running.  Now, why mythtranscode.log is blank is a bit perplexing to me.

If you're starting mythtranscode directly, it's because you're not
properly using --logpath /path/to/dir or because you have broken logging
configuration (such as permissions or whatever).  I can't even guess
which part of your configuration/command line is broken without knowing
how mythbackend is started by your distro.

Mike