[mythtv-users] Switching between passive and active EIT scanning

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:15:20 UTC 2012

On 16 March 2012 13:34, Joe Nyland <joe at joenyland.co.uk> wrote:

>> How does one switch between passive and active EIT scanning?
>
> mythtv-setup -> Capture Cards
>
> Edit the relevant DVB card(s)' recording options - there is a toggle
> to choose either active or passive EIT collection.

Google or Zarafa seem to be buggering up the quoting...

> Hi Nick,
>
> Is this setting present for a HDHomeRun tuner? The reason I ask is that I
> remember specifically looking for such a setting at one point, but I was
> unable to find it. Maybe it's only supported for non-HDHomeRun type tuners.

I can only make an educated guess as I have no experience of the HDHR,
but a thread on this list from the end of last year [1] suggested that
the HDHR's driver does not offer a full Linux DVB implementation (as
offered by regular PCI/USB DVB devices) and therefore may not support
all EIT collection methods.

    [1] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/496308

Cheers,
Nick