[mythtv-users] Switching between passive and active EIT scanning

Joe Nyland joe at joenyland.co.uk
Fri Mar 16 14:54:15 UTC 2012

-----Original message-----
> I can only make an educated guess as I have no experience of the HDHR,
> but a thread on this list from the end of last year [1] suggested that
> the HDHR's driver does not offer a full Linux DVB implementation (as
> offered by regular PCI/USB DVB devices) and therefore may not support
> all EIT collection methods.
>
>     [1] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/496308

Great :-(.

I presume MythTV provide the drivers for the HDHomeRun to work with it, as I've not had to install any drivers myself from Silicon Dust when setting the system up.

If so, do you think it would be possible for this behaviour to be changed, to allow passive scanning, or is it simply impossible with a HDHomeRun device?

I'm in a bit of a tricky situation, as XMLTV does not provide full listing for all of my channels, but enabling EIT (active) for the remainder of the channels means my HDHR is constantly flickering away gathering EIT data. Hence why I wanted to use passive scanning. I can't think of any other way to do it.

Thanks for your continued input.

Joe