[mythtv-users] 0 Byte recording files when starting live TV andchanging channels

Joe Nyland joenyland at me.com
Sat Mar 17 19:55:26 UTC 2012

On 17 Mar 2012, at 19:47, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:

> At least as of 0.24, LiveTV has been making 0 byte files when a LiveTV start
> (or a program change in LiveTV occurs).  What's got me baffled is that in
> 0.24.x, the 0 byte files were deleted shortly (5 - 10 minutes) after the
> program got going.  That does not appear to be the case in 0.25.  I am
> hoping that someone can confirm that they are no longer deleted until the 24
> hour (or whatever you have set) cleanup for Live TV.

Yes, this is exactly what I am seeing - they must have been there in 0.24, but were deleted before I knew about them.

<moan>

As I said before, my RSS feed from MythWeb on my backend server is full of duplicate entries for live TV since switching to 0.25. Futhermore, it looks very messy in MythFrontend/MythWeb when your view includes live TV as there's tonnes of duplicated shows.

</moan>

Thanks,

Joe