[mythtv-users] 0.25 mpeg2 lossless transcoding works again! hallelujah! except...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 17 21:03:48 UTC 2012

On 03/17/2012 03:43 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>> Within Recording Profiles, you should be limited to accessing those
>>> corresponding to card types you currently have configured, and
>>> transcoders.  Transcoders should always show up unless its either
>>> missing, or marked as not default, and I don't see how the code could
>>> cause either state to occur.  Could you post the output of...
>>>
>>> SELECT * FROM profilegroups WHERE cardtype="TRANSCODE";
>> mysql>  SELECT * FROM profilegroups WHERE cardtype="TRANSCODE";
>> Empty set (0.00 sec)
> I used my parents sql database to add the TRANSCODE entry into my
> profilegroups then I was able to add an MPEG-2 profile as a lossless.
> now I see it as an option. if I choose "default" this is what I get in
> the trancode log:

Since theirs is a different version and since there's a lot more to
recording profiles than what you see in profilegroups, your setup is
probably still broken.

MythTV does not allow deletion of the default profiles, so there's no
mechanism for you to re-create them.  That means that either yours were
deleted due to someone's directly editing the database or lost due to a
bad database restore (i.e. someone trying to pick and choose what to
restore rather than using a full restore).  Either way, you may not want
to trust your database/schema.

That said, for someone running 0.25beta, the below SQL should restore
the recording/transcoding profiles to defaults.  You will then have to
re-configure any that you changed.  However, you unless you know exactly
how you lost your recording profiles, you may want to use the
only-useful-to-"salvage what data I can from a corrupt database or
schema" partial restore approach (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup
).

No one running any other version of MythTV should use the below SQL (for
those reading archives).  Doing so will cause problems.

Mike