[mythtv-users] firewall information for mythtv

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 21:10:12 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 9:30 AM, william otten <williammotten at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Pieter De Wit <pieter at insync.za.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 18/03/2012 09:11, william otten wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Not a  lot of point is there?
>>
>> Neither was your answer! Please don't reply to my posts if that the best
>> you can do!
>>\
> Thanks

It would be unusual and dangerous to put a myth machine exposed to the
internet without a decent router (which will have a firewall).

Additionally myth backend<->frontend is not designed or recommended to
go across the internet - too much traffic for one thing.

So I was struggling to see why you were wanting the info, an
explanation of what you were trying to do may have meant you made more
sense and a more sensible answer may have been forthcoming.