[mythtv-users] 0 Byte recording files when starting live TV and changing channels

Joe Nyland joe at joenyland.co.uk
Sat Mar 17 21:25:32 UTC 2012

On 17 Mar 2012, at 20:46, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Sunday, 18 March 2012, Joe Nyland <joenyland at me.com> wrote:
>
> > What's bothering me about this 0 byte file issue is that it didn't happen before upgrading to 0.25, and it's making my RSS feed from MythWeb very 'noisy' with 0 byte recordings from live TV.
> > Any help/input would be greatly appreciated.
> > Cheers,
>
> What bothers me is that you keep withholding crucial information when people are trying to help you. Like you complain about liveTV not working, turned out to be because you're using NFS, yet forgot to mention it.

I'm sorry if I am inconveniencing you in some way. I appreciate the time you and everyone else have taken to reply to this message, but I disagree with the accusation you have made that I am "withholding information". On the contrary, I am providing as much information as I can and where I have not provided the required info, I have been more than happy to follow up with the missing information.

Whilst it's off topic here, I must say in my defence that I had discounted NFS from being the cause of my previous live TV issue in my own local troubleshooting, before asking anyone for help, due to the fact that MythTV was writing successfully to the NFS share.

> Why don't you sort out your local, unrelated issues first, then start asking others to help you troubleshoot things?

What local, unrelated issues are you referring to in this remark?

> And why use NFS to start with?

I use NFS for storage as I am lead to believe this is the 'done thing' when sharing storage between two machines.

Again, please let me reiterate that I'm trying to help myself as much as possible in troubleshooting things myself, before bothering any of you on this list.

Kind regards,

Joe