[mythtv-users] audio problems with streamed recordings

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 23:28:48 UTC 2012

On Monday, 19 March 2012, George Nassas <gnassas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Lately I've been noticing that transcoded recordings (created via the
services api) have stuttering in the audio. It shows up when playing a
stream through a browser and also when playing a .ts file directly in vlc.
> I pull fresh source about every week or two and the last good build I had
was from feb 28 (3740d7dda16b2a082f8d833f4459294202cb2687). The next,
problematic, build was from march 13
(f261f8ef79effd31972c74f4c224ea7c6f4d18b5).
> In between those is the suspiciously named "Totally rework the
AudioReencodeBuffer part in transcode" commit but when I rolled back to
just before it I still saw the audio problems. So I'm not sure what's going
on. Or, I could have messed up my rollback but probably not.
> Anyhow I'm running out of time to look into this further and I'm not sure
when I'll have a chance to return to it so I wanted to throw it out there
to see if anyone else is having the same trouble.
> - George

If toi coule use git bisect to identify which commit broke it for you, it
would be appreciated. 0.25 is just around the corner, and obviously we want
to make sure it contains no nastiness.