[mythtv-users] CBS did it again: how to stich together from different recordings

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Mar 19 12:26:00 UTC 2012

So once again, CBS have failed to run their Sunday evening schedule on
time.  This really makes me angry.

In any case, since I have a couple of recordings from last night that
were back to back on CBS[1], even though it was running 43 minutes late
I do have at least one complete episode across the two recordings.  The
first 17 minutes at the end of the first one and the remaining 43
minutes at the start of the second.

Does anyone have a good recipe for stitching these together, skipping
the first 43 minutes of program A and stopping after the first 17
minutes of program B?

To be clear, I'm looking for a fully functioning recipe if anyone has
it.  I already know there are numerous tools out there (mencoder,
transcode, etc.) to do it, so I don't need more pointers to tools since
I have enough in my toolkit and can cook up a recipe using one or more
of them if I have to.  I'm just looking to re-invent the wheel here.

Cheers,
b.

[1] For just this reason/purpose I think I will start to schedule an
hour of recording beyond the end of what I typically want on a Sunday
evening on CBS