[mythtv-users] HD HomeRun Prime, CableCard, LiveTV works

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Mar 19 17:34:36 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Try increasing your tuning and signal timeouts using mythtv-setup's
> Capture Card section. Don't be afraid to try something like 7000/10000
> ms (and if it helps, you can lower them down to where they stop working).

I wouldn't recommend getting too aggressive with lowering the
timeouts, as my experience with cablecards is that occasionally they
can take a bit longer to complete tuning. This is especially true if
you have a tuning adapter. So you could lower it to where it seems to
be safe and then occasionally have a failed recording. I'd think it
would be better to play it safe. Is there really much to be gained by
lowering the timeouts (other than getting an error back a little
quicker if you are watching livetv)?

--
Ron Frazier