[mythtv-users] Audio Configuration crashes in mythfrontend

Oskar Ahner oskar at osz.nu
Mon Mar 19 19:30:22 UTC 2012

Hi!

Version: 0.25pre
OS: Debian squeeze but with updated ALSA to 0.25 and Nvidia drivers.

Problem:
When going into 'Audio Settings' in mythfrontend it craches with
segmentation fault.
I can go in with mythfrontend --override-setting 'AudioOutputDevice=NULL'
When I'm in again, I try to select ALSA:hdmi or ALSA:default. I click
finish, and it segmentation faults again.

I have tried different settings for AudioOutputDevice: ALSA:hdmi,
ALSA:hdmi:Card=NVidia,
ALSA:hw:0,3 etc. but nothing works.

  The sound works from linux to my LCD TV via HDMI connection, tested with
'speaker-test -Dhdmi -c2' which produces sound.

I patched the code today with git pull, recompiled everything and
installed, but no difference.

It says on the mythtv site, that the sound configuration has changed in
0.25, a rewrite is needed. Anybody knowing something about this ?

Regards,

Oskar Ahner

--
GressLink AB