[mythtv-users] 0.25 - livetv fails when starting on a specificchannel

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Mar 19 19:44:36 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Scott and Nicole Harris
<snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
>I'm not actually using NFS, I'm using samba/cifs to mount it locally.
>However, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to change.  When the local file system
>is mounted, LiveTV does not work unless AlwaysStream is turned on.
>If you can't point me in the right direction as to what I do to fix that
>other than the work around, I'm all for learning.

> I should also mention that it is ONLY with Live TV.  All other playback
> (videos, recorded shows) works fine on this remote machine without
> the "AlwayStream" setting.

If I had to guess, it sounds like the same sort of issue Mike was
discussing about the attributes being cached. My guess is that samba
is caching info about the file (like update time and file size) and
then not getting timely updats to let it know that the file was
modified and new data added. Thus it's sitting there waiting for new
data, oblivious to the fact that new data is already there. I don't
know what setting you'd change to correct this, but maybe this will
help you figure that out.

--
Ron Frazier