[mythtv-users] HD HomeRun Prime, CableCard, LiveTV works

Rick Nickle ricknickle at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 05:12:21 UTC 2012

On 03/19/2012 12:42 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>> On 03/19/2012 11:49 AM, Richard Nickle wrote:

>>> [ description of getting intermittent recordings, but success with
LiveTV]

>> Try increasing your tuning and signal timeouts using mythtv-setup's

>> Capture Card section. Don't be afraid to try something like 7000/10000

>> ms (and if it helps, you can lower them down to where they stop working).

>Er, I suppose you know what I meant, but perhaps I should have said,

>"lower them down to closer to where they stop working."  (As, obviously,

>you don't want them to stop working.)

>Mike

That's good advice, and I understand what you meant.  Maybe instead of
"lower" it should be "length the timeout."

I'm going to give this a try, thanks for all of the advice from all of you.
I'll report back after I record a few things.  Yesterday I had results that
were less than 50% success.