[mythtv-users] 4-digit channel change on a Comcast firewire STB (DCT-6200)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:32:36 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 09:16, lists.md301 <lists.md301 at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, not yet, both because of my above embarrassment and not getting any
> feedback on the list with guidance on that.  I'd be happy to, though.  Note
> that in both cases below, the channel identified as "5225" should more
> correctly be "51225".
> 2012-03-19 19:33:12.539 Finished recording Top Gear: channel 5225

Well, as I understand it, the "channel" there is really the "chanid"
field, which may have any value, and what really matters (for
tuning) is the freqid in the channel table for that chanid (I seem to
recall that there was a bug sometime in the past that used channum
rather than freqid).  While "often" the chanid is (freqid+(1000*sourceid)),
that is not assured (or required).

There may be a documented way to get the freqid from the
chanid, but I admit I would first think of using a sql select
statement (the costs of being a past db nerd).

Gary