[mythtv-users] List of "query location" states?

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 12:24:24 UTC 2012

Hi there.

I have a problem with tuners occasionally getting stuck, resulting in
zero-length recordings. In order to recover I need to:

1. Stop the backend
2. Power down the tuners (which are USB-connected) for 10 seconds
3. Wait for the tuners to re-initialise
4. Start the backend

I do this based on a system event that fires when a recording has ended.
The script looks at the size of the recorded file, and if it's zero it
triggers the above sequence.

But I don't want the backend to be shut down when any of the frontends
is in use. I define "in use" as meaning either playing back a recording,
a video or music.

 From my experiments it seems that the frontend does not distinguish in
its "query location" response between actually playing back music and
just sitting idle on the music menu. What is the recommended way of
doing this from a shell script?

Come to think of it: is there a full list of responses that "query
location" is able to return?

Thanks, Jan