[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 13:44:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 6:01 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
> On 20/03/12 17:54, jedi wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:07:11AM +0000, Paul Harrison wrote:
>>> You can always use the list search feature SEARCH (can't remember if
>>> this is the default binding but it' CTRL+S for me) which if you have a
>>> keyboard takes four key presses for me to get from ABBA to Meatloaf :)
>>> The search is also available from the menu. OK it takes a little more
>>> keypresses if you have to use the virtual keyboard but still way less
>>> that having to scroll through the list.
>>     However scrolling down is a lot simpler. If there is a "page down"
>> key then you end up with something that is simpler as well as faster.
>>

> What makes you think there is no page down key? All buttonlists in
> MythUI accept the global PAGEUP/PAGEDOWN keybindings the ones in
> MythMusic are no exception.

there is a page up/down, it still takes me multiple minutes to scroll
through my entire artists list.

>>     "if you have a keyboard" is kind of an admission of failure here.
>
> OK so educate me tell me how it should work? Keep in mind I can do the
> test case of jumping from ABBA to Meatloaf on my system takes 4 key
> presses with a keyboard attached and 26 using the remote and the virtual
> keyboard using the menu to start the search rather than the keybinding.
> See that as a friendly challenge to come up with a more remote friendly
> solution that also works well if you have a keyboard attached :)

It's funny, last year when there was a lot of talk about re-imagining
MythMusic this was a big issue, how to give as much, if not more,
functionality while still only using the basic MythTV buttons. There
was a general consensus that there were many ways to improve
functionality and lower total button use with a few UI features.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!