[mythtv-users] Web based 'cutpoint' editing

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:48:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Brian Long <briandlong at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Mario Weilguni <roadrunner6 at gmx.at>
> wrote:

> >> I just uploaded http://myth.weilguni.priv.at/mythcut-0.7.tar.gz with
> >> some fixes, cleanup, moving cutpoints around and the ability to load
> >> existing commercial flagging from the database.
> >>
> >> I've tested it with IE7/IE8, and can confirm some rendering errors, will
> >> try to fix them soon. IE9 is ok, Chrome and Firefox too.
> >

> > Mario, I'm just giving this a spin and noticed you're using short-tags in
> > certain parts and long-tags in others.  Since many PHP servers have
> > short-tags disabled by default, would you consider replacing all
> short-tags
> > with long-tags in your next release?  Also, could you include a README
> for
> > the basic requirements for an Apache config file?  I copied the Directory
> > entry for mythweb and removed the Rewrite rules.  I also had to modify
> > db.php to point to my config.xml.  Mythweb uses entries from Apache's
> config
> > to know the DB name and creds.  Maybe mythcut could use the same
> variables
> > (db_server, db_name, db_user, db_password)?
>
> I agree with Brian's comments. I have an issue where my config.xml
> file is not readable by apache, so having mythcut receive that
> information like MythWeb does would be nice. for now I'll modify to
> give mythcut access to this information.

I'm not a PHP programmer, but I changed all the "<?=" entries with "<?php
echo" and it appears to work (patch is here: http://pastebin.com/DRwmt6cW).
 The only problem I have now is the date stuff.  My backend is running
Fedora 16 (php 5.3.10) and I get these warnings from mythcut:

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings.
You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods
and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the
timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST'
instead in /var/www/html/mythcut/movie.php on line 62

Also, it's unclear to me if I need anything else to get this working.  When
I selected an entry, I got a ton of date warnings and none of the preview
images populated.  I have yet to dig further into the problem.

/Brian/