[mythtv-users] Web based 'cutpoint' editing

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Mar 21 15:01:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Mario, I'm just giving this a spin and noticed you're using short-tags in
>>> certain parts and long-tags in others.  Since many PHP servers have
>>> short-tags disabled by default, would you consider replacing all short-tags
>>> with long-tags in your next release?  Also, could you include a README for
>>> the basic requirements for an Apache config file?  I copied the Directory
>>> entry for mythweb and removed the Rewrite rules.  I also had to modify
>>> db.php to point to my config.xml.  Mythweb uses entries from Apache's config
>>> to know the DB name and creds.  Maybe mythcut could use the same variables
>>> (db_server, db_name, db_user, db_password)?
>>
>> I agree with Brian's comments. I have an issue where my config.xml
>> file is not readable by apache, so having mythcut receive that
>> information like MythWeb does would be nice. for now I'll modify to
>> give mythcut access to this information.
>>
>> thanks!
>
> hrmm, it seems now after selecting a recording all I get with mythcut
> are segfaults. from my apache error.log:
> [Wed Mar 21 10:30:25 2012] [notice] child pid 14604 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
> [Wed Mar 21 10:30:43 2012] [notice] child pid 14603 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
> [Wed Mar 21 10:30:52 2012] [notice] child pid 14605 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
> [Wed Mar 21 10:30:58 2012] [notice] child pid 14607 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
> [Wed Mar 21 10:30:59 2012] [notice] child pid 14608 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
> [Wed Mar 21 10:31:45 2012] [notice] child pid 14610 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
>
> don't know why or how to "reset" things?

I had the same issue with a different application on a site I run, the
only solution I found was to upgrade PHP. I think I was running 5.1.x
of PHP, and upgrading to 5.2.x or 5.3.x (I forget which versions
exactly I had, but I think those are correct)  fixed the issue. Not
sure if it applies in this situation, but it fixed my problem, which
was related to some JSON or javascript.

Tom