[mythtv-users] Mac OS X packaging -- other executables

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Thu Mar 22 02:04:39 UTC 2012

Hi:

I noticed in the 0.25 release notes that a bunch of utility functions
were consolidated into mythutil and got wondering if osx-packager.pl
had been modified to plop it into one of the Mac .app bundles*.  One
thing led to another and I've found that none of the following Myth
executables are included in any of the Mac .app bundles:

mytharchivehelper
mythmetadatalookup
mythpython
mythccextractor
mythreplex
mythshutdown
mythffmpeg
mythutil
mythlcdserver
mythwikiscripts
mythmediaserver
mythzmserver

I would think that at least mythutil ought to be packaged.  Maybe
mythmetadatalookup, mythwikiscripts, and mythffmpeg too?  Others?

BTW, why do we need a MythCommFlag.app?  I can't imagine any instance
where a standalone app is useful.  The mythcommflag executable is
present in the MythBackend.app and MythJobQueue.app.  In the same
vein, mythfilldatabase is present in MythBackend.app; I don't see a
need for a standalone MythFillDatabase.app bundle.

Current executables included in the 0.25 Mac .app bundles (lightly edited)
$ ls Myth*.app/Contents/MacOS
MythAVTest.app/Contents/MacOS:
MythAVTest

MythBackend.app/Contents/MacOS:
MythBackend
mythcommflag
mythfilldatabase
mythjobqueue
mythpreviewgen
mythtranscode

MythCommFlag.app/Contents/MacOS:
MythCommFlag

MythFillDatabase.app/Contents/MacOS:
MythFillDatabase

MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS:
MythFrontend
mythpreviewgen

MythJobQueue.app/Contents/MacOS:
MythJobQueue
mythcommflag

MythTV-Setup.app/Contents/MacOS:
MythTV-Setup
mythfilldatabase

MythWelcome.app/Contents/MacOS:
MythWelcome
mythfrontend

Craig
* I'm one of those crazy folks who run a Mac OS X backend.  ;)