[mythtv-users] Remote controls on OS X (Mac Mini)

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 02:59:32 UTC 2012

Hi

On Saturday, 24 March 2012, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> In all the chit-chat about installing ubuntu on a mac-mini I've never
seen HEAT mentioned!
> I found the mini, IIRC throttled to 1.6G, runs so hot that it is a worry.

I'm not sure what you've done with your mini. But I run a 2010 mac mini,
with a C2D 2.4GHz, it idles at below 9W, watching a mpeg2 1080i recording,
I see the power usage peaking at 14W at the most.

It runs cool as.

It is by far the best fronted I've ever used.

It's running out of the box mythbuntu 11.10. I added nothing extra,
everything was working out of the box.

I use it with a Logitech universal remote.