[mythtv-users] Long Pause when audio changes

Chris Lewis chrislewis915 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 09:41:04 UTC 2012

> You're using HDMI. Get a different hdmi audio amplifier. One that doesn't
> take 3 to 10s to get a lock..
>
> Additionally, I doubt the audio setup would have presented you with the
> audio device you have configured and that it must be one you typed by hand.
>
> I can guarantee you that the audio setup screen knows better than you when
> it comes in selecting the audio device.
>
> If you want to get a bit more meaningful idea on what is going on: run
> mythfrontend with -v audio,playback
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I am indeed using HDMI audio on a GT430.

The thing is it has only started doing this in the last couple of weeks so
either something has changed in the broadcast stream or something has
changed in MythTV.

I actually didn't have to type in the audio config by hand but the one i
selected was not the one chosen by MythTV during setup.

Like i said this all worked fine until recently. I try changing a few audio
options and have a go with -v audio, playback and see what i can gather.

Regards

Chris