[mythtv-users] Long Pause when audio changes

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 14:03:28 UTC 2012

On Saturday, 24 March 2012, Chris Lewis
> Thanks for the reply.  I am indeed using HDMI audio on a GT430.
> The thing is it has only started doing this in the last couple of weeks
so either something has changed in the broadcast stream or something has
changed in MythTV.

Are you running 0.25?

Can you post the output of running myth frontend with -v audio,playback ?

Additionally, are you using the upmixer and do you have the stereo PCM
option checked in the advanced option?

If compiling from source, try reverting commit
f8d2de08e982bd646d0a3e430ec8799f7494f8f8

And see if it makes any difference to you.

> I actually didn't have to type in the audio config by hand but the one i
selected was not the one chosen by MythTV during setup.

Myth doesnt select any devices for you; it only shows you what's available.
Additionally, if running mythtv 0.25 and you have alsa 1.0.25 or later
running, myth will show you what's connected via hdmi. So it is quite easy
to determine what the right hdmi device to use.

> Like i said this all worked fine until recently. I try changing a few
audio options and have a go with -v audio, playback and see what i can
gather.

That would be appreciated.
The sooner, the better.