[mythtv-users] cannot get some channels added

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 24 16:35:58 UTC 2012

On 03/24/2012 07:17 AM, Scott Bickford wrote:
>> You did not specify your tuner type(s).  As I recall (I am
> It's HD-PVR.  I use firewire to tune a SA4250.
>

> I added channel 1187 in mythtvsetup

That's one approach.

>   and did a mythfilldatabase.  I
> even rebooted.  At least the channel is showing up in the guide now,
> but no data.

Did you set the xmltvid for the channel when you added it using
mythtv-setup?

> Some new channels above 845 have started showing up, even a 1300 one.

Alternatively--with unscannable capture devices, such as the HD-PVR--you
can use:

mythfilldatabase --do-not-filter-new-channels --only-update-channels

followed by:

mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all

and time the --dd-grab-all run and consider making it your default.

See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426
and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/449416#449416