[mythtv-users] scan for changes

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Mar 26 16:58:00 UTC 2012

On 26/03/12 04:45, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 3/25/2012 22:51, Joe Mythtv wrote:
>
>> I wish there were a command line way to initiate the scan - I could run
>> my own script to look at the 'new footage' folder and rescan when I see new
>> files.
>
> In 0.25, there is an option in 'mythutil' to trigger a scan in the master
> backend. Prior to that, JAMU had a scanner, and there was a scanner built into
> the Python bindings. What I'm getting at is that none of that should be
> necessary, and the interactive scanner should be plenty fast. I'm interested in
> whether there might be some flaw in the scanner that needs to be resolved.

I'm currently importing some videos which need heavy editing beforehand, so I'm
doing it on another machine elsewhere on the network which does not have myth on
it. Once I'm satisfied I'm copying them to the video storage directory via NFS.

It would be useful to be able to trigger a rescan when I'm done for the day.
Most of these videos are for my son who isn't up to rescanning when he brings up
the front end, and I often forget. A remotely-run mythutil option would be
useful in this circumstance. Speed is not important in this case.

--

Mike Perkins