[mythtv-users] pluggable mythtranscode

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Mar 26 19:42:07 UTC 2012

On 12-03-26 03:35 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 12-03-26 03:05 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> of course there
>> should be no use to it.  Better to apply the cutlist at the same time,
>> or do so before hand with lossless transcode, rather than bother
>> transcoding all that video.
>
> Of course, a deteline
Uhm.  s/deteline/detelecine/

> operation has a known and predictable effect on
> frame numbers.  I suppose one could mathematically fix up the flagging
> values to account for the 29.97/24 framerate reduction.

The other obvious solution of course is to transcode before commflagging.

The only downside to that is that while commflagging can be done in real
time, and is therefore useful for those situations where you watch very
shortly after the program starts, waiting for the transcoding before
getting that commflagging benefit eliminates that ability.

And of course, one can re-commflag after transcoding to get the best of
both worlds, at the slight cost of a second commflag.

Cheers,
b.