[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24.2 Renagade Tuner

Jeffrey Preston jpreston at longlines.com
Tue Mar 27 07:55:53 UTC 2012

Nick,

I may have shut the master down first, but I brought the master back online first, followed by the slave. All other tuners in both backends work just fine.

A frontend on the slave does not list the tuner that was being used by the remote frontend as being available for live TV (menu, source, switch input), minus the one currently being used, of course.  If I list the status of the tuners on the information page, it tells me that Tuner 1 is being used for Live TV, but no other frontends are watching live TV.

I just checked it now, and it seems it has been freed up.  My best guess is that that the live TV session file was in the auto-expire list, and that a house-keeping process in MythTV deleted the file, and now the software correctly reflects the status of the hardware, which is all tuners available.  My question, is if this happens again, how do I correct the problem without having to wait for MythTV to "catch up", half a day or a full day later?