[mythtv-users] Live TV Program Change Over

Pieter De Wit pieter at insync.za.net
Tue Mar 27 16:34:51 UTC 2012

> IIRC Live TV used to use a ~15 minute ring buffer, which, once filled would clear the beginning of the ring to make room for new data at the end of the ring. Somewhere around 0.23 (again, IIRC) Live TV was changed to when you started it, it started an actual recording flagged as LiveTV (and stopped the recording when you ended the Live TV session), then at each program change (either due to schedule on the current channel, or by channel change) it stopped the current recording and started a new one.
>

> Anyways, to answer your actual question.  I am 99.99% sure it is program related, it happens almost 100% of the time (the "freeze" is 100%, the actual crash to Myth menu sometimes gets avoided) when one program ends and a new program begins on the same channel while watching Live TV. It is channel schedule related, not time related, in my example, my wife happened to be watching late night sitcom reruns which are all 30 minute shows which is why she saw it happening "every 30 minutes".

Ah - one more thing I would like to add and this is perhaps something
that you guys can try.

I saw myth "jump" to the current time when livetv was paused for a
while. It was hard to track down, but I saw the event twice last night.
The last one killed the playback right back to the menu. I have uploaded
the log to http://www.insync.za.net/mythfrontend.log

BTW, I strace'ed the switch over....it's 14meg, any takers ? :D

HTH,

Pieter