[mythtv-users] Retiring slave backend / migrating recordings to master ?

Tom Flair lists at graniteskies.net
Tue Mar 27 18:12:01 UTC 2012

Sometime in the next month, I'm planning on retiring my SBE.  This comes
after previously switching the role of this backend from MBE to SBE last
year.

I'd rather not lose the recordings that I have on these drives and I
*really* don't want transfer the data over the network or even doing an
rsync to the array on the MBE.

I want to check my logic well in advance before I follow through.
As I understand it, I should be able to migrate the existing drives and set
them up as another storage pool for recordings.  Based on the hashes for
the recordings, the MBE should pick up that the previously remote
recordings on the SBE are now on the MBE and all should be good.

Does that sound about right?  Am I missing a step or understanding the
storage pools wrong?