[mythtv-users] 0.25 and V4L not working

Eric B bernhart2002 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 23:09:43 UTC 2012

>I applied this patch and it still did not work.. However I noticed that
the
>patch was for file
>mythtv/libs/libmythtv/mpegrecorder.cpp
>and the 800i card uses the Analog *V4L* capture card setup, not the MPG
>setup.
>maybe it is in v4lrecorder.cpp?... sorry if this is a bad idea since I
have
>no idea how the mythtv code works

So I've fixed the problem and it works great! However I don't think you're
going to like my fix
in the file /mythtv/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/v4lchannel.cpp line 657.. I just
commented out this section of code regarding stream disabling, and that
fixed the problem. But I am sure that is not a good fix for everyone....
Here is the code section

        // ConvertX (wis-go7007) requires streaming to be disabled
        // before an input switch, do this if CAP_STREAMING is set.
        bool streamingDisabled = false;
        int  streamType = V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_CAPTURE;
 /*       if (needs_switch && has_stream_io)
        {
          ioctlval = ioctl(videofd, VIDIOC_STREAMOFF, &streamType);
            if (ioctlval < 0)
            {
                LOG(VB_GENERAL, LOG_ERR, LOC + msg +
                    "\n\t\t\twhile disabling streaming (v4l v2)" + ENO);
                ok = false;
            }
            else
            {
                streamingDisabled = true;
            }
        }
*/

The line causing the problem in line 659
          ioctlval = ioctl(videofd, VIDIOC_STREAMOFF, &streamType);

but I am not smart enough to know how to fix it...:(

regards
Eric